Amateur Radio Emergency Service®
ARES® is part of the Amateur Radio Relay League (ARRL) field organization. It is composed of licensed amateur radio operators who have registered their equipment and capabilities to volunteer for public service and emergency communications.
ARES® is a volunteer radio communications service organized to provide reliable primary or secondary communications links for government agencies and non-profit organizations during emergencies or public service events.
The mission of the Amateur Radio Emergency Service of Peoria County is to provide public service and emergency communications services for served agencies in Peoria County.
Public service/emergency communication is one of the foundations of amateur radio, and can be both fun and fulfilling.
The goals of the Peoria County Amateur Radio Emergency Service (ARES) are:
1. To establish close cooperative relationships with relevant organizations and agencies in Peoria County and adjoining counties.
2. To be recognized as the primary coordinating agency for amateur radio operators in Peoria Countyin the event of a communications emergency.
3. To be the recognized “go-to” agency for community organizations needing communications support for events and activities of general benefit to the community.
4. To be recognized by emergency services agencies and the amateur community alike as a model of competence and professionalism in network operations.
5. To foster the development of skills and capabilities that will keep the ARES organization and its members abreast of new technologies to help support the communication needs of served agencies.
6. To use the resources of the team and our involvement in community activities to foster awareness of the need for preparedness in the community at large.
— Meetings are held on the 3rd Wednesday of each month at the Peoria American Red Cross Building, Please feel free to come join us!
|<height=30 width=140 alt=”Google Groups”>|
|Subscribe to Peoria County ARES®|
|Visit this group|