The February ARES Meeting will be held on Wednesday Feb 21st via Zoom. See the Upcoming ARES Meetings Tab for more details.
Amateur Radio Emergency Service®
The Amateur Radio Emergency Service® (ARES) consists of licensed amateurs who have voluntarily registered their qualifications and equipment, with their local ARES leadership, for communications duty in the public service when disaster strikes.
ARES® is a volunteer radio communications service organized to provide reliable primary or secondary communications links for government agencies and non-profit organizations during emergencies or public service events.
The mission of the Amateur Radio Emergency Service of Peoria County is to provide public service and emergency communications services for served agencies in Peoria County.
Public service/emergency communication is one of the foundations of amateur radio, and can be both fun and fulfilling.
The goals of the Peoria County Amateur Radio Emergency Service (ARES) are:
1. To establish close cooperative relationships with relevant organizations and agencies in Peoria County and adjoining counties.
2. To be recognized as the primary coordinating agency for amateur radio operators in Peoria Countyin the event of a communications emergency.
3. To be the recognized “go-to” agency for community organizations needing communications support for events and activities of general benefit to the community.
4. To be recognized by emergency services agencies and the amateur community alike as a model of competence and professionalism in network operations.
5. To foster the development of skills and capabilities that will keep the ARES organization and its members abreast of new technologies to help support the communication needs of served agencies.
6. To use the resources of the team and our involvement in community activities to foster awareness of the need for preparedness in the community at large.
— Meetings are held on the 3rd Wednesday of each month, via either Zoom or in person. Please feel free to join us! Watch this page and check the calendar for details. If you are new and are not listed on our Team Roster, send an email to email@example.com to receive a reply containing the Zoom meeting credentials.